How do I share the truth about abortion with my congregation?
Approach the subject with a heart of love for both mother and baby.
Educate yourself on the subject.
Incorporate life-empowering encouragement and education into your sermons.
1. Approach the subject with love for mother and baby.
It is vital that as a pastor and spiritual leader you approach this subject with love rather than condemnation. Most women are afraid to tell those in church that they are struggling for fear of condemnation and shame. As a leader, you have the ability to alleviate this fear and show your church that the opposite is true – in reaching out to your church, a woman will find love and support, not shame.
Love never fails.
2. Educate yourself on the subject.
Many pastors are hesitant to speak on the subject of abortion because they feel like they have little knowledge about it so we have compiled a few easy and quick to digest resources below to help you become more educated and confident to speak on the subject.
Learn about development in the womb: Baby Olivia
Learn about what an abortion actually is: Former Abortionist Explains
Learn about how abortion harms women: resource coming soon!
Learn about why abortion is so prevalent: resource coming soon!
3. Incorporate life-empowering encouragement and education into your sermons.
Sharing the truth about abortion with your audience can be simple. Here are a few ideas:
- share some facts about child development in the womb (eg. a baby is fully formed at 9 weeks after conception) in a message on the wonder of Creation or the power of God.
- share from the front that our church is committed to supporting women facing crisis pregnancies and will always do so with an attitude of love and can refer them to different helpful resources
- encourage church members to get involved in stopping abortion by sharing some of the devastating effects of abortion – the death of children and the trauma caused to women
We can also come and share more with your congregation.
If you would like us to, we would love to come and share more with your congregation and how they can get involved with Life Is For Everyone. We can share for whatever time you would like us to and are currently producing some powerful videos to aid our presentations too.
If you would be interested in us coming to your church, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org